- Develops student critical thinking, visual literacy, and collaboration skills
- Introduces elements of identity and role-play
- Allows for a lot of creativity
- Uses a familiar format
- Incorporates both visual and written information
- Improves narrative writing skills
One web tool you can use to accomplish this is Bitstrips for Schools. Bitstrips for Schools features tools that let students easily create cartoon-form comics & characters. It includes an art library stacked with props and backgrounds, and hundreds of ready made activities organized by subject area.
And the best part is...
you can try it for a month for FREE.
Teachers can quickly and easily sign up, and receive the following:
One classroom for up to 40 students
Unlimited saved comics, characters and activities
24/7 access from school and home
Personal & friendly customer support